Earlier in July we launched an online survey to find out what locals think of our plans.
We asked a series of questions, including what day of the week to hold screenings, whether there is an appetite for arthouse films in the programme, and if people are prepared to join a membership scheme to enjoy discounted tickets and other perks.
Now the survey has closed we can report the findings, which give us a firm steer about what people want and how best to provide it.
Here are the main headlines:
- Friday turns out to be the most popular day for screenings, followed by Wednesday and Tuesday.
- Nearly three quarters of respondents said on occasion they’d like to see arthouse films in the programme, and a sizeable minority said they’d be happy if arthouse films were programmed frequently.
- Well over half of respondents would like free programme notes to accompany each screening.
- There is strong support for occasional weekend matinee performances aimed at family audiences.
- The overwhelming majority of respondents said they would be interested in joining a membership scheme if it was available.
Taking account of these survey responses the volunteer organising committee will announce our opening programme in the coming days, along with dates, times and details of our ticket and membership prices.
Thanks to everyone who took part in the survey 🙂
If you’re interested, and in the spirit of openness, here are the results in full:
31 people responded to the survey out of 53 contacted, a response rate of 58%. 23 live in Llancarfan, 2 in Walterston and Rhoose, and 1 apiece in Llancadle, Penmark, Pancross and Porthkerry.
13 respondents (42%) have no children under 16 in their household, and 22 (71%) live in a household of three or more people.
In terms of the preferred day for screenings, Friday scored an average rating of 1.9 out of 5.0 (1.0= my most preferred day and 5.0= my least preferred day), followed by Wednesday (2.8), Tuesday (2.9) and Saturday (3.6). Sunday was the least preferred day for screenings, with an average rating of 3.8.
Three quarters of respondents (74%) said on occasion they’d like to see arthouse films in the programme, and 23% said they’d be happy if arthouse films were programmed frequently. Only one person said they would not like arthouse films to appear in the programme.
Two thirds of respondents (68%) said they would be interested in attending occasional weekend matinee performances aimed at family audiences.
94% of respondents would be interested in joining a membership scheme if it was available.